My Creative Careers – The Pilot Episode (with Tamika Lamison & Adam Leipzig)Nov 16, 2021 2021-11-19 17:01
My Creative Careers – The Pilot Episode (with Tamika Lamison & Adam Leipzig)
On the My Creative Careers podcast, we are going to be talking to a vast range of people who have all kinds of careers in the film industry. But today we’ll start with a short introduction to us, your hosts Adam and Tamika, and give you a brief insight into how our own creative careers have developed over the years.
“You never leave theater, you might take extended vacations from it, but you never leave.” – Adam Leipzig
“When you can make a film that’s entertaining and makes a difference or has impact, to me that’s a win-win.” – Tamika Lamison
Highlights This Week:
● When Tamika was first bitten by the theatre bug and how long she stayed there before she moved into things that happen on screens.
● How Tamika’s experience of being at the Disney fellowship motivated her transition into different roles in film and TV.
● Tamika’s commitment to staying valued centered, why she founded the Make a Film Foundation, and how it all started with a bad check.
● Why Tamika is passionate about promoting positive change and how creating Commercial Directors Diversity Program fits into that worldview.
● Adam’s career trajectory, from an early immersion in theatre to being a dramaturg, then creating a theater right through to working at Disney.
● Why Adam’s film A Plastic Ocean demonstrates how telling an authentic story to audiences can make a profound difference in the world.
● Why Adam founded MediaU to give content creators access to methods of up skilling and up trending in a technologically rapidly evolving industry.
● Adam and Tamika also share their personal superpowers—and they’re not necessarily what you might think!